Monday, July 09, 2007

London

I had fun yesterday taking a group around London on the underground. Made sure everyone was able to read the maps on the train - I am not sure I would let two of them off on their own. Not yet achieved on map reading! We saw the Tour de France flash by - more police cars and security that bikers. Then a good walk around the Tower of London - I would like to go again - in winter or at least the down season. We got there fairly early so it wasn't too bad and I saw a lot. We then did the shopping then for the rest of the group - Harrods, Piccadilly and Covent Garden. I now have a clear picture of Picadilly - my other memory was rushing though with Megan and Mike on the way to a meal in Soho - in the early evening - so getting dark. Safely back to Hammersmith with all the group.

Off to westminter Abbey and Belgium today.

No comments: