Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July Holidays in Wellington

First time in three years I have not been overseas in July and with Charles and Christopher (and their parents) away in South Africa there has been no geocaching - though it has been too wet anyway. I am planning to go and check our cache but so far there has not been a break in the rain and gloom.

It was briefly fine on Saturday morning (there was a bright glare in the sky for a few hours) when we pruned the rest of the fruit trees. I also managed to plant a lemon and 20 strawberry plants - it was only light drizzle.

It is very quiet but I have had an enormous tidy up at school; papers will now sit on the desk rather than a heap. Hope it improves my teaching!

Other than school preparation I am working through the indoor chores list. So far other than little tasks like mending and getting bed bolts (wrong size have to swap) for spare bed I have painted the back bathroom. The colour is called Hutt River - probably the colour the River is at present!

Another task these holidays is to buy a new car. This was unplanned. On 25 June I was going to a Meeting at Eagle Technology regarding GIS in Schools when the traffic suddenly slowed. I stooped but the person behind me failed to stop. A big thump followed. This concertinaed my boot and pushed me into the car in front. - only popped their bumper but the towbar pushed in my radiator. I was fortunately not hurt - a bit shaken up. The Ambulance arrived - person behind me went off - she was walking - checking out her back. The Police arrived. I got a ride with one of the police to my meeting and was only 30 minutes late. I have been wondering where I would park my car. The Porirua City Tow Company Yard had not been on my list!

No comments: