Saturday, December 09, 2006

Term end

We have just finished the round of prize giving and farewells. Heard lots of very good statements about the journey being more important than the destination - which I guess is true but there does seem to be something a bit wrong with the idea of striving all the time and never getting any where - sounds like a wheel in a mouse cage.

I know I will be pleased to be able to vary my journeys slightly much a I like the trip over the Wainuiomata hill to school each day. However first of all marking must be finished. This is a painful process that reinforces the meaning of masochism and reminds one that everything in life ( ie trips to the USA) have a price.

But the exciting news is that I am going to Europe for three weeks in July as part of the school Seraphim Choir tour to two music festivals one in the Czech Republic (The Martinu Festival in Parduice) and one in England(at Wells Cathedral Somerset) . We also have sightseeing days that include Prague, Vienna, London and Stonehenge. Another reason to keep on with the marking!

No comments: